Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bronchiolitis

(8 Posts)
chezziejo Mon 17-Dec-12 10:16:19

Hi

My little one recently was in hospital for eight days with rsv positive bronchiolitis. She's 4 weeks old and was tube fed with IV fluids and IV antibiotics for a bacterial infection as well as virus. She was much better and has been home a week but the symptoms are starting again with this awful barking cough and not taking feeds properly and an awful green mucousy nose again. Van you get the virus twice ? In that space of time? She has no temp but I'm worried drs will think in neurotic.

Thanks

MolotovCocktail Mon 17-Dec-12 10:34:06

Hi, so sorry to read this. Yes, your baby could have picked up RSV/bronchiolitis again or the first infection hadn't fully cleared.

It might be nothing, but better safe than sorry. I'd take her back to have her checked over x

Sirzy Mon 17-Dec-12 10:36:02

Yes you can get it more than once. Ds had it confirmed by swab 4 times, he never had a temp with it either even when very ill.

No Dr will think you are neurotic

Hammy01 Mon 17-Dec-12 10:36:58

Hiya, didnt want to read and run. If your in anyway concerned, just go to doctors.
How long ago was she in hospital? I know if they stay over in hospital and they start deterioting again within so many days of leaving, can they go straight back to that childrens ward? Did the hospital give you a number for you to contact them?
You are not neurotic just a worried parent smile
Hope she gets better soon

girlsyearapart Mon 17-Dec-12 10:43:05

Yes you can get it twice.

Take her to the doctor they won't think anything of it with her history & age

jamboncru Mon 17-Dec-12 10:49:31

As a gp i would definitely want to see your little one, given age and recent admission. Doc will not think you're neurotic at all! And if there are no appointments left they will fit you in, we certainly would at our practice. Just give them a call. I hope all is well x

chezziejo Mon 17-Dec-12 11:27:36

Thanks she's been home eight days. They are seeing her at teatime. Only appointment left.

Sirzy Mon 17-Dec-12 11:35:29

If you get worried before then don't hesitate to go to A and E

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now