Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Bump on head

(4 Posts)
Char11 Fri 14-Dec-12 09:44:29

Hi, my 5 month old ds, who rolls around the floor like a bit of a maniac, has just bumped his head on the coffee table leg. He cried immediately and a table leg shaped bump has appeared,but he was consolable with a cuddle and a song and is now having a feed.
Do I need to worry/ring the doctor or does this sound quite normal? It's his first little see bump, so I'm trying not to be a paranoid first time mummy, but equally don't want to be blade!

Fluffy101 Fri 14-Dec-12 12:15:22

If he wasn't knocked out and I alert I'm sure he will be fine. Keep an eye out for any symptoms of concussions floppyness uneven pupils tiredness lethargy etc

If it makes you feel any better this won't be the last time that it will happen smile

dikkertjedap Fri 14-Dec-12 14:25:30

As he wasn't unconscious and is feeding he should be okay. Symptoms to look out for are vomiting, headache (ie unsettled baby), not wanting to feed.

You may want to buy a few bags with frozen petit pois for this purpose, if he bumps himself again you put a bag of petit pois on it for a few minutes to reduce the swelling and then you can refreeze them for future bumps (do label them so they do not get eaten by mistake).

Char11 Fri 14-Dec-12 16:38:18

Thanks ladies, for your . He seems to be his normal self, he was just a bit fussy feeding on my right side, but the bump is on his left so I guess it might hurt to lie on it.
Thanks for the tips, I will definitely get some peas ready for future incidents! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now