Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Intermittent vomiting in almost 4yo DD

(3 Posts)
MolotovCocktail Wed 28-Nov-12 09:35:07

Hi,
I'd really appreciate any help!

My DD1 is 3y10mo. She came down with a vomiting bug on Saturday and was vomiting every couple of hours (not bad, I know).

It continued at a slow pace into Sunday. She was vomit-free on Monday (looked pale and pasty though) but then bought a load up on Monday at 7pm.

Vomit-free again yesterday, then at 2am this morning, a load of vomit in her bed. She barely ate yesterday; just a couple of Jacobs crackers and a couple of tsps of rice.

I'm used to 24-48 hour vomiting bugs that are nasty, but gone by now. What could this be? I don't really feel like it's something to go to the GP about a I already know that it's probably a virus and to keep her fluids up.

TIA

Marne Wed 28-Nov-12 11:34:32

Sounds like noro virus, my dd's had it when they were 3 and 2, dd1 stopped being sick for 2 days and was then sick again followed a few days later by the other end. I would let it run its course, as long as she is drinking then dont worry too much about how much she's eating, keep her indoors until she has gone 48 hours without being ill (as its very contagious).

I hope she feels better soon xx

MolotovCocktail Wed 28-Nov-12 16:30:25

Thank-you, and thanks for replying smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now