Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

To see the GP or not - puzzling puking

(3 Posts)
LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 03:46:23

Ds2 10 days ago complained out of the blue complained of feeling sick, then was sick just one time. He's 5 now but when he was younger he did vomit when he had a heavy cold, and sure enough this past week he has had a bad cold so put it down to this.

He's been fine until tonight when he started squealing with tummy pain, very tender to touch. Thought it was constipation so gave him some honey in warm water to hopefully sort him out in the morning. 1 am he woke up and was really sick again. Now feels fine.

Don't know whether to see GP tomorrow or not. Don't want to spread germs but bit puzzled by symptoms. But if he had a blockage wouldn't he be in lots more pain?

5dcsinneedofacleaner Wed 28-Nov-12 03:55:30

I would see the gp, simply because It could be ANYTHING. Hoepfully its nothin but at least with seeing the gp you can make double sure.

LargeLatte Wed 28-Nov-12 04:03:03

I just hate the idea of dragging his germs all over the place. He did this earlier this year - was sick one day, the fine for almost 48 hours, then sick the night before he was due back to go to school, then fine again for another 48 hours, sent to school and was sick again. I took him to GP then but said his tummy felt fine and just see how he got on for next couple of days - then he was better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now