Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dizziness in teenagers

(6 Posts)
LargeGlassofRed Mon 19-Nov-12 21:43:03

Ds1 nearly 15 had to be picked up from school, today due to headache and dizziness, he hasn't got a headache now but still really dizzy. No other symptoms but pulse seams slow at 45. Never had headache and dizziness before only with concussion but insists he hasn't banged his head.
Have two ill sons tonight, more worried about my little one but not sure what to do with ds1 go tomorrow or wait and see?

lisad123 Mon 19-Nov-12 21:45:37

Nasty bug making rounds sad we are currently on day 4 for me and 2 for dd1. It's starts with headache and dizzy, tiredness and ATM diahorra blush

BlingLoving Mon 19-Nov-12 21:49:07

Could be sinus infection or similar. If its in ears it will affect his balance and make him dizzy. I have found my naturally low blood pressure tends to get lower when I suffer From sinus infections so I get light headed and dizzy if its really bad.

If he rubs his eyebrows and just below dies it hurt? Even once headache is better that can still be sore.

See how he is tomorrow but you might need antibiotics. In meantime you could try some sudafed or similar. Won't do any harm and might help

LargeGlassofRed Mon 19-Nov-12 21:53:37

Thanks will see if anything else develops don't thing it's sinus's no pressure pain or cold symptoms.

beautifulgirls Mon 19-Nov-12 21:59:10

That heart rate if persistent should be checked I think. I would retake it and if low at least just get him to do a little moving around and recheck again. If it is staying that low give the OOH doctor a call.

LargeGlassofRed Mon 19-Nov-12 22:12:29

Thanks he's just had something to eat and up to 54. He's skinny and pretty fit so think its ok although will keep at eye on him

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now