Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Should I take my 2 year old back to the doctor or just let him rest?

(2 Posts)
wigwam33 Mon 19-Nov-12 09:22:18

Sorry if this is a bit long winded. Just appreciate some opinions.

On Thursday I took my DS to the GP as his persistent cough had developed to sound chesty. GP diagnosed a chest infection and put him onto antibiotics - penicillin-based - which he's had before. On Thursday night he threw up having not eaten anything at tea time. Since then he's lost his appetite altogether and has been sick a few times - usually a short while after eating.

I'm still breastfeeding him but he seems unable to keep even that down. It's Monday now and while his chest sounds better he still can't keep anything except for water down. He's been in bed or asleep on the sofa most of the weekend and I haven't taken him out of the house. TBH I'm reluctant to take him back to the GP because he hasn't been out where there will be lots of germs.

I'm guessing that he's contracted some sickness bug at the same time as the chest infection and will get over it. What would you do?

amazingmumof6 Mon 19-Nov-12 13:41:47

as h's on antibiotics he should be getting better! if you worried about more bugs, they might be able to do a house call, but I would take him to be seen asap

if current medicine doesn't work they mightoiffer another kind

and as always if you don't think he's well you know him best, rely on gut instinct!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now