Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hives?

(3 Posts)
Cat98 Wed 07-Nov-12 09:20:53

Not sure whether to put this in allergies, but I'm not 100% sure what it was.
Last night ds woke at 10pm complaining of an itchy back/neck. When I looked he has lots of raised white and red bumps. Were these likely to be hives?
In the end a cold flannel soothed the itching. We had been to a soft play place after school and he had had some brightly coloured squash to drink that one of the other mums offered him. He rarely has squash, I usually only give water or milk (he's 4). This squash was particularly 'red' and I wondered if it might be that?
Other than that he had chicken nuggets and chips and raw carrots - all stuff he's had before. I wondered if it is likely to be the squash should I do anything or just try and avoid him having similar again? (I hate him having that sort of thing anyway!) or is it more likely to just be heat or washing powder (non bio but I bought sainsburys instead of tesco's this time!)
Thanks for any ideas/suggestions smile

looseleaf Wed 07-Nov-12 15:57:23

Our dd has allergies and has had gives once before (when she got Lyme disease though which is very unusual)
On fri she had something similar again and similar to your description but the doctor said he was almost sure it's impetigo, a contagious and very common skin condition. He prescribed cream and antibiotics. It may not be, but might be worth seeing what a gp thinks . Hth

Cat98 Thu 08-Nov-12 14:44:29

Thank you. They completely disappeared by the next morning - very odd. I will avoid the squash just in case and will go to gp if it happens again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now