Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

blood on toilet paper

(8 Posts)
moleskin Tue 06-Nov-12 20:05:12

Dd1 is 8.6 she's always had explosive bowels and an urgency when she needs to go. Last night complained of tummy pain but nothing came of it. Tonight she had a poo. Then hour later she said she needed to go again and shot up the stairs like she does. Two mins later cue frantic screaming!

She said she thought she needed to go but couldn't but she felt something there so wiped and there was blood on the tissue. It was bright red and streaked a bit with mucus. I checked her bot out much to her embarassment and no signs of fissures or piles so I'm stumped. And she hadn't done a poo so it seems like she had just passed blood?!

She went out to an activity this evening and has leaked a small amount of Brown stuff on her knickers that seems like blood stain.

Any ideas what this could be? She's very much still a young girl and not at all developed in anyway so very much doubting its a first period. (At least hoping not!!)

DeWe Tue 06-Nov-12 20:23:42

Sounds to me that she is constipated and has a fissure higher up than you'd check.

Could the brown on her pants be very loose poo?

Musomathsci Tue 06-Nov-12 20:25:40

You need to get this checked out by your GP. Blood and mucus with poo is not normal, sorry. Is there any history of inflammatory bowel disease in your family?

moleskin Tue 06-Nov-12 20:36:20

Dewe the stain def wasn't poo it didn't smell. Sorry tmi.

Musom thanks, there isn't but my mum has gluten intolerance, and dd2 has been tested for coeliacs due to dodgy poo but that came back negative.

Dd1 is awaiting an app with the maxillofacial team for recurring mouth ulcers which are painful and there week in week out and I've just realised through google that these could well be linked to her poo. How odd!.

VoterColonelSebastianDoyle Tue 06-Nov-12 20:47:54

Maybe IBS i would definately take her to the gp.

moleskin Tue 06-Nov-12 21:07:44

THANKS guys will get app with gp

twilight81 Tue 06-Nov-12 21:15:42

Def get it checked out.. I have ulcerative colitis and it started like that, I also had mouth ulcers all the time when I was younger.. I now know this can be an early sign of bowel diseases..

moleskin Tue 06-Nov-12 21:44:22

Thanks twilight my good friend has UC and she too has mouth ulcers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now