Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Green and yellow nappy contents

(5 Posts)
toomuchtooyoung Tue 06-Nov-12 17:06:19

15 week old ds has had strange nappies since sunday. Mostly normal yellow liquidy bf contents, but sometimes green without much liquid content. He also seems to be making a huge effort grunting and straining to go, more than usual, and is pooing at every feed.

Could it be tummy upset, constipation? Trip to the doctors but what would they actually do?

WhereAreMyShoes Tue 06-Nov-12 17:42:18

Hello, I'm sure it's something easily fixed. I had this with my son and found the nappies were smellier too. I was told to keep offering the same breast until he's had enough of the thicker milk and it did the trick.
But I suggest you call the health visitor as they're the ones in the know. And easier to get hold of than a GP!
Hope DS is better soon.

toomuchtooyoung Tue 06-Nov-12 17:50:17

Have been block feeding since the weekend, but no change as yet. Hv v difficult to get to with my 2 yo dd - she's a bolter and will cause chaos!

WhereAreMyShoes Tue 06-Nov-12 18:34:05

Oh yes, I know the feeling. I have a two year old and a 7 week old. I'm still learning to juggle! But I must admit, DS likes to hold hands out of the house.

Not sure what else to suggest, I don't think he ever got constipated while I was bfing.
Maybe the HV can give you some advice over the phone to save you traipsing all the way to them.
good luck getting hold of them on the phone

toomuchtooyoung Tue 06-Nov-12 18:50:40

Oh for holding hands - i wish! But they're probably used to it. Thanks for your help though. Maybe it takes a bit longer than a few days. Bit wierd how its all suddenly changed after 15 weeks.

Will persevere. Just worried its hurting ds in the meantime. He's getting nappy rash from so many poos and i just get this feeling its all a bit acidic for some reason.

If i can't get hold of hv i'll try la leche or someone. It's hard even getting out of the house sometimes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now