Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby with tempErature of 38.1oc

(12 Posts)
tazmo Tue 06-Nov-12 11:57:23

My 15 week old has a temp of 38.1oc and shes had it for 24 hours. Only other symptom is she is throwing up hermilk a bit more often and possibly not taking quite as much. At what stage do u reckon she would need a dr. She is a bit sleepier than normal but is still quite cheerful and responsive. Calpol brings her temp down?
T

Goldmandra Tue 06-Nov-12 13:06:38

If Calpol is bringing it down, she's keeping down enough milk to be well hydrated and she's still cheerful and responsive I wouldn't worry today but would get her seen tomorrow if there's no improvement.

If you feel worried trust your instincts and get her checked out today.

CheungFun Tue 06-Nov-12 13:10:03

If you're worried I'd ask the dr to squeeze you in this afternoon as they will never turn a baby away even if they have to work late!

IMO it's always better to waste a few minutes of the dr's time than worry smile

sallysparrow157 Tue 06-Nov-12 13:15:32

Babies who are this little and have a fever should always be checked over by a doctor - it's a lot harder to tell when tiny babies have severe infections than it is with older children as they have very vague symptoms

beautifulgirls Tue 06-Nov-12 14:12:08

I agree with Sallysparrow - she should be checked by a Dr, she is still very young.

tazmo Wed 07-Nov-12 19:47:24

My baby's temp came down and she is still alert and well. She now has a pinprick rash which blanches. Do u thinks its a post viral rash?? T

Goldmandra Wed 07-Nov-12 20:34:02

It could well be. Both of my DDs got them all the time as babies and they didn't seem to bother them at all. They always looked far worse when they got out of the bath.

I would probably get the GP to look at it as it's the first time just to check.

tazmo Wed 07-Nov-12 21:13:19

Yes I meant to say the rash blanches. This is dd no 3 and both ds1 and dd2 have had these rashes but not so young. I don't wanna wate gp time if I don't need to
T

Boggler Wed 07-Nov-12 21:17:09

I also agree with Sallysparrow your dd should see a dr with a temp of 38, pleade get her checked over.

Goldmandra Wed 07-Nov-12 23:35:59

If you've seen it before and recognise it as the same thing I agree with you. As her temperature is back to normal and she is now well otherwise, I can't think of anything a GP could contribute.

She's likely to end up picking up more bugs by going to a GP surgery. I try to stay away from them whenever possible smile

tazmo Thu 08-Nov-12 16:52:51

Succumbed and yes viral rash!

Goldmandra Thu 08-Nov-12 19:05:52

You clearly felt the need to get her checked so it was the right thing to do.

Glad she's on the mend. I guess she has a few more rashes in store for her in the future smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now