Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Fennel for trapped in 9 month old?

(4 Posts)
baddyfreckleface Mon 05-Nov-12 06:14:46

Dd2 sleeps very badly and I am pretty sure it's trapped wind waking her up.
I have read that fennel is good for this but wondered if anyone had used it with any success?

Also any other tips would be great.

Mrspiggy123 Mon 05-Nov-12 06:29:30

I use to use it for ds when he was about that age, just boil a few seeds in some water and add a little sugar if you want (helps with constipation too)

doradoo Mon 05-Nov-12 06:46:02

In Germany it's common practice to give your baby fennel tea from week4..... Hipp do a baby one and it works wonders.

I'd just get an organic fennel tea and make a weak solution. In fact my DCs as toddlers loved fennel tea and apple juice mixed together.

baddyfreckleface Mon 05-Nov-12 09:54:34

Ok thanks. Will see if I can get hold of some then.

We seriously need some sleep!

Have been to Drs and he just said it can't be anything as its only at night so just to leave her in her cot and ignore her in the night (!) He didn't listen to me at all. She wakes in pain whether she is in her cot or in my arms. Won't be going to him again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now