Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Just a cough or a trip to docs?

(9 Posts)
corblimeymadam Sun 04-Nov-12 22:55:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

corblimeymadam Sun 04-Nov-12 22:56:32

gallicgirl Sun 04-Nov-12 22:59:17

How old is she?

My DD gets like this and I have taken her to GP a couple of times and got antibiotics.
She is worse when she's teething.

GP didn't mind at all and took it all quite seriously. Well, you know, as seriously as needed. I find if you dither then it will get worse on a Friday afternoon when you can't get to doctor's!

corblimeymadam Sun 04-Nov-12 23:01:44

corblimeymadam Sun 04-Nov-12 23:13:05

gallicgirl Sun 04-Nov-12 23:24:11

Think I'd take her to GP just in case.
I always worry that they won't shift the cough and get chest infections. If it's so bad that she's not sleeping and retching then I think it's best to get it checked out.

JustMeAndTwo Sun 04-Nov-12 23:51:08

Sounds like whooping cough to me

Have a look at the videos on this website www.whoopingcough.net and see if any sound similar

Hope she gets better soon whatever it is

corblimeymadam Mon 05-Nov-12 00:56:40

welovedaddy Mon 05-Nov-12 09:09:10

I took 2-yr old daughter to GP after three weeks of coughing, including retching..... sounded like smokers' cough. She was diagnosed with childhood asthma, and now has inhaler. Did fear whooping cough, but she was vaccinated at the right time, so relieved its 'only' asthma.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now