Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD's got spots - could this be chickenpox?

(3 Posts)
iismum Sun 04-Nov-12 10:27:14

I noticed a couple of spots on DD's neck and chest yesterday, and today there are a couple more spots on her face and chest. They are fairly big, very red and the older ones are slightly 'open', like a burst blister. She's says they are sore if you touch them (but not very).

She's not had chickenpox, so this was my first thought. But she hasn't been at all under the weather, which I believe is normal in early chickenpox, and she's not at all itchy. I took her swimming yesterday, so am really hoping its not chickenpox or anything contagious.

We've also got lots of fun things planned today, including much-anticipated bonfire party. Do I need to cancel all of these in case it's chickenpox? I do I need to keep DS (3, not had chickenpox) isolated too, in case he gets it from her?

Would be grateful for some advice!

shattereddreams Sun 04-Nov-12 17:06:21

I would stay home, might be a bit late now!
Sounds like chickenpox. DS is pretty much certain to catch it.
Google it in net doctor or similar to get idea of the incubation, it's something like 21 days max for your son.
Get some piriton and don't worry too much, sounds as though she has it mildly.

It's much better to get it out the way when they are young.

lljkk Sun 04-Nov-12 17:13:05

sounds like CP, some children are not the least bit poorly with it (DS1).
Have fun!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now