Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2yo lost 1kg in 6 weeks

(3 Posts)
espanol Fri 02-Nov-12 00:15:08

Dd weighed 13kg at 2yr check 6 wks ago. 75th centile weight, 50th for height so perhaps a little on the chubby side. Since then has gone from being a good eater - 3 big meals - to not so good - good breakfast but then just picking at food. This follows mild virus. I noticed the other day that I could see her ribs for first time ever! Weighed her today - 12kg exactly so 1kg loss in 6 weeks. Even allowing for difference in scales this seems a lot - 8% of her body weight.

How worried should I be? Doctors/HV now? Or just watch and see if eating improves, gains weight?

winnybella Fri 02-Nov-12 00:34:03

Tbh I would only worry if there were no obvious reason for weight loss. Becoming more picky with food is fairly normal especially following illness. I wouldn't worry unless it continues.

espanol Fri 02-Nov-12 07:22:48

Thanks. She is still 'robust' and full of energy so I'm not too worried at the moment. Will focus on her diet for a bit - make sure what she does eat is high energy and nutritious! Then check weight again in a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now