Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Becker muscular dystrophy

(3 Posts)
sauvignonismydrug Thu 01-Nov-12 13:33:09

Hi, I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this condition. Dss, age 13, has just been diagnosed with this following a muscle biopsy. This has hit a real nerve with me as my own son, from my first marriage, died from a very unpleasant muscular condition in 2009. Dss lives with his mum but spends 4/14 days with us so I'd really appreciate hearing from others who have experience of how this might progress, or how we might support his physical well being. At the moment he has no noticeable side effects other than discomfort in his legs after intensive exercise.

cestlavielife Thu 01-Nov-12 15:56:49

speak to the mda www.muscular-dystrophy.org/about_muscular_dystrophy/conditions/94_becker_muscular_dystrophy there is a freephone number

sauvignonismydrug Thu 01-Nov-12 16:03:22

Thanks for that, we will do. However I was hoping that someone who has first hand experience of the condition might also respond. I found that it enabled me to put matters much more into a real life context when I was dealing with my sons condition.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now