Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

This is not an advertisement for Infant Gaviscon!!!

(2 Posts)
donmcvey Wed 31-Oct-12 13:09:53

Hi,

I did my first post on mumsnet the other day as I felt strongly about an experience I had had with my daughter.

The gist of it. My daughter has had severe reflux for 8 months. We were told on several occasions that Infant Gaviscon wouldn't work and prescribed Ranitidine, which made her very ill. We eventually tried Infant Gaviscon ourselves and it worked very well. The point of my post was that the GP had put us through 8 months of hell due to his arrogance.

THIS IS MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE!

I just received an email from mumsnet saying my post had been taken down as several 'Mumsnetters' had reported it as an advertisement.

I find this incredible for 2 reasons. The first that anyone could see a very personal story as an advertisement and the 2nd being that Mumsnet just remove posts in this way.

I've seen loads of posts on mumsnet talking about how this product or that was beneficial for their child.

I suspect the 'mumsnetters' who reported my post had some kind of axe to grind. Perhaps they were manufactures of Ranitidine. Wouldn't surprise me! Or that Mumsnet values its paying advertisers above the people who actually use their site.

Anyway, this will be my last post on mumsnet!

HelenMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 31-Oct-12 13:59:50

Hello. Sorry to hear about this - it does sound odd. We'll look into what happened and get back to you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now