Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

glasses or no glasses?

(5 Posts)
sausagesandwich34 Tue 30-Oct-12 20:15:59

took the dcs for their regular eye test today and dd2's eyesight has deteriorated

she used to wear glasses from being aged 2-7 for longsightedness and her prescription reduced from +3.25 to +0.5 at which point optician said too small a prescription to bother

her prescription today is R+1.25 L+1.00

optician says small prescription, up to me and her if we go back to glasses (she's nearly 9)

she isn't a child that complains and doesn't want to wear glasses so isn't going to volunteer

I'm not an expert and have no idea if she should be wearing them or not???

opinions welcome

sausagesandwich34 Tue 30-Oct-12 21:51:16

bump

sausagesandwich34 Wed 31-Oct-12 10:54:39

bump for the daytime crowd

ripsishere Thu 01-Nov-12 02:43:45

Luckily for me, DD adores her glasses. In your situation, I would ask the Optician whether she'd recommend them for her own child.

BillComptonstrousers Thu 01-Nov-12 02:50:11

I work as a dispenser in an Opticians, and I would say get them. They are free with the NHS, the optom might have left it up to you, BUT, if your daughter gets them, and sees that it might make her vision a little bit more comfortable, she might start wearing them again. You have nothing to lose by getting them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now