Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Minor Ailments Service (Scotland)

(4 Posts)
stargirl1701 Tue 30-Oct-12 13:44:31

Minor Ailments Service

Has everyone heard of this? You register your child at the local pharmacy and they provide free medication such as Calpol, Nurofen, Infacol, etc. There is more information on the NHS website including a list of medications that can be issued free. Pregnant women can also register - just take your Maternity Exemption Cert with you.

stargirl1701 Wed 31-Oct-12 19:02:58


scottishmummy Wed 31-Oct-12 19:21:21

yes, pretty useful and means don't less likely need gp appt for minor illness
pharmacist assess need either medication or see gp
pharmacist sends paperwork to gp

AgentProvocateur Wed 31-Oct-12 19:25:38

I think anyone who was eligible for free prescriptions (before we all were) can use this service. I tried to use it for something once, after hours when the GP was closed and I was incensed because I was ineligible to use it because I worked and paid for my prescriptions.

It seemed mad that I couldn't get a doctors appointment during the day because I was at work, but also couldn't use this service either. I had cystitis I think, and I needed ABs.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: