Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Intermittent diarrhoea weeks after a stomach bug? Help....

(6 Posts)
jasperc163 Sun 28-Oct-12 17:52:55

3 weeks ago a stomach bug (few days of full on diarrhoea) worked its way through the family Last tuesday my youngest (3 and first one to get the bug initally) had half an hour where she had a very upset gut and went to the toliet 4x. Childminder sent her home understandably. Then absolutely fine til Saturday afternoon (yesterday) when tummy ache and another bout of diarrhoea which was over after half an hour. So far nothing today. Anyone come across this?
It is causing a nightmare for me as I work andof course she is going to get excluded from childcare if it happens. it just seems very odd that the episodes are now so many days apart (with normal poos in between and absolutely fine in herself).

Going to call the GP tomorrow but even if they did a stool sample this won't help me out this week.

Does this sound related or a different bug?
thanks

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Sun 28-Oct-12 17:58:14

Toddler diarrhoea possibly?

notyummy Sun 28-Oct-12 18:04:28

Does it occur after she eats dairy products? The gut can be temporarily lactose intolerant for a while after a tummy bug. My dd was and we used soya milk etc for a few weeks (which stopped the problem) and gradually reintroduced dairy later. She was fine.

jasperc163 Sun 28-Oct-12 18:06:33

Thanks hellhasnofury. Never had any issues before the bug though? Also would that appear in such acute but shortlived and intermittent episodes? She does have stomach cramps when it happens.

SunflowersSmile Sun 28-Oct-12 18:17:02

I would second the temporary lactose intolerance as a possibility. Is it a few hours after milk?

jasperc163 Sun 28-Oct-12 18:52:05

Thanks all. No apparent relationship to dairy consumption, but will keep an eye on it.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: