Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Chicken pox and eczema.

(5 Posts)
Jojay Fri 26-Oct-12 23:36:55

My 15 month old DD is on day 5 of chicken pox and is really miserable, itchy and not sleeping.

I'm giving piriton twice daily as she's getting hives type rashes too.

What's the best thing to use on her skin? I'm wary of calamine, bicarb baths etc, due to their drying effect - her skin is very dry anyway and can get very sore.

Or should I be using these things? Everyone else seems to!

Someone gave me some virasoothe gel today with I've been slapping on, but it's not made her much hpaaier.

Any recommendations gratefully received.

Jojay Sat 27-Oct-12 11:47:18

vodkaanddietirnbru Sat 27-Oct-12 11:50:49

oats in the bath are supposed to be soothing and aqueous calamine cream is less drying than the lotion

mrswishywashy Sat 27-Oct-12 13:15:36

One of my ex charges had horrendous excema and at a year got a horrible case of chicken pix. I seem to remember we only used oats in the bath and his normal creams and pain killers. Amazingly when he recovered from the pox his excema mostly disappeared.

Jojay Sat 27-Oct-12 17:02:04

I've heard that beforeabout the eczema disappearing after c pox. Really hope it works for us!

I'll try an oat bath tonight. Thanks all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now