Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Health issue...or completely normal?! Mucus in 7mo poo

(5 Posts)
Poppins27 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:34:30

Well I guess the title pretty much gives the question away?! My 7mo dd is having a lot of dirty nappies at present, maybe 5/6 a day. We are weaning at present although dd is really not eating a lot (a whole different thread dedicated to my panic over this!! Haha) so I expected stinky and colourful poo (delightful) but latey my dds nappies also contain quite a lot of mucusy, snotty type stuff?! I didn't immediately worry, but guess I'm now worrying that this isn't totally normal and have I been a bit dismissive?! Anybody else had this?!

noblegiraffe Thu 25-Oct-12 21:41:59

Has she got a cold? They swallow a lot of mucusy snotty type stuff when they do!

Poppins27 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:43:42

No not at all, grumpy with what I think is her teeth coming through, but no sign of a cold?!

MousyMouse Thu 25-Oct-12 21:46:31

teething also can cause more slimy poos.
as long as it doesn't cause discomfort and is not particularly smelly...

Poppins27 Thu 25-Oct-12 21:50:52

Thanks, doesn't seem to cause any discomfort but they are really whiffy. And really quite explosive, they often shoot up her back and out of the nappy, even when she's sat and isn't rolling about?!

(I didn't believe people when I was pregnant who told me my life would soon be taken up with poop talk....hark at me now!!)

Oh and she is ff if that makes any difference at all?!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now