Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is this a hernia?

(4 Posts)
moleskin Wed 24-Oct-12 17:44:03

Hi, have just noticed a lump on dds tummy quite high up more stomach area. Saw it as she had tshirt off and it caught the light. Is this likely to be a hernia that high up? Worth saying she did have umbilical hernia hernia as a baby that resolved itself and she does do a lot of sports. Thanks

moleskin Wed 24-Oct-12 19:47:11

Bump anyone? Panicking slightly. Got docs app for tomorrow. It seems Hernias are mostly lower down any ideas what this could be?

threepiecesuite Wed 24-Oct-12 19:49:22

My DD has had a lump like this since birth. She's 2.7 now. We're not sure what it is, it doesn't hurt her and it hasn't grown or shrunk. I'd be interested in knowing if it's a hernia too.

moleskin Wed 24-Oct-12 19:56:49

Thanks for replying, my dds umbilical hernia was a clear hernia used to pop right out when she screamed but unsure about this as didn't think kids got them that far up I thought they appeared more in the groin area. Will report back after been to gp

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now