Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

would you take this child to the doctors?

(9 Posts)
sausagesandwich34 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:06:50

throat looks red raw and child 'smells' poorly, like a bad throat infection if that makes sense -redness is only on the tonsils and almost stops in a straight line where the tonsills stop

however feels generally well and no temp

been like that for 5 days and smell is constant

asking for a friend -what would you do?

Ilovemydogandmydoglovesme Tue 23-Oct-12 22:13:22

Is that tonsillitis? Can the child swallow without pain? Trying to remember. If it is might need some antibiotics.

birthdaypanic Tue 23-Oct-12 22:16:19

Usually a smell with tonsillitis and blisters on the tonsills.

sausagesandwich34 Tue 23-Oct-12 22:17:54

says it feels like it's sticking in the throat when swallowing, tonsills red and shiny, can't see blisters

but obviously not right

Pancakeflipper Tue 23-Oct-12 22:18:22

Yes I would if been there for 5 days. Just to get it checked out.

Obviously as soon as the appointment is made it will clear up wink

MrsBungleBear Tue 23-Oct-12 22:19:38

I would definitely take them to the doctor if the throat is like that and not improving after 5 days.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Wed 24-Oct-12 07:18:40

I'd nip into the pharmacy and ask in there for them to have a little look.

They'll be able to tell if a drs appointment is necessary.

toffeefee Wed 24-Oct-12 19:17:27

DS gets viral tonsillitis regularly, high temp, very swollen tonsils, but no blisters on them. Is he responding to calpol/ibuprofen? If it is viral tonsillitis, there isn't anything you can do, just ride it out, but it is miserable. I was told to give ice pops to help the throat and to help bring temp down. DS can be ill with this for a week or more.

Hope he feels better soon.

sausagesandwich34 Wed 24-Oct-12 21:14:31

no temp toffee -that's part of the puzzle?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now