Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Pubic hair in girl age 6

(6 Posts)
AMumGoingMad Mon 22-Oct-12 16:25:51

My dd has got significant amount of pubic hair downstairs. This is going to sound bad but I've only just noticed but given the amount and length it must have been there for a good month or longer. She has had a massive growth spurt, 10cm in 6 months and has gone onto the top line of the chart from the 75th percentile. She has greasy hair and teenage strops (but of course that could just be normal for a 6yr old girl for all I know!). It looks like her breasts are starting to develop as well (I noticed that about a month or so ago and waved it aside thinking she was too young). I'm worried about it, it all seems way too early.

Gunznroses Mon 22-Oct-12 16:30:03

Have you taken her to see the doctor ? Because that would be my first port of call, there is a known condition that causes early puberty and it can be treated so that the growth/development slows down.

AMumGoingMad Mon 22-Oct-12 19:09:08

I've just got back from the GP, decided that if I'm worrying I should see the dr. Rang and got an appointment almost straight away (had I been ill of course I would have had to have waited weeks lol). He's referred her to the hospital. Says she needs tests. I really hope that she's ok and they can slow this down.

fuckadoodlepoopoo Mon 22-Oct-12 19:26:08

Hope she's ok.

SElady Mon 22-Oct-12 20:47:37

Hi. It's very worrying when you first notice signs of puberty in such a young child. There is a few of us on MN going through similar things with our DDs at the moment, come and join us here:
www.mumsnet.com/Talk/childrens_health/1586589-Precocious-Puberty

fuckadoodlepoopoo Mon 22-Oct-12 21:06:05

I was worried about this because my daughter has dark hair on her legs. Luckily the Dr said it was just that she is dark haired and pale skinned so its more obvious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now