Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

snotty sneeze every morning

(7 Posts)
telsa Mon 22-Oct-12 10:30:07

Anyone experienced this. My DS sneezes without fail every morning and - sorry for graphic image - a long trail of thick whiteish or sometimes yellowish snot always results. This has been going on for months? No other snottiness or symptoms. Could it be an allergy to something? Any ideas? Cheers all.

hebetrayedme Mon 22-Oct-12 18:34:25

My dd sneezes EVERY morning. Sometimes clear snot, sometimes green. I figure that at 7 it's just a constant cold/hayfever roundabout that we will eventually leave! I have also been snotty for months!

telsa Mon 22-Oct-12 20:03:00

Nice to know we are not alone!

fluffacloud Mon 22-Oct-12 20:14:09

My DD does this, without fail, every morning. That's how I know that she's awake! We sometimes have snot that reaches her chin but not always.

My DM commented that I did it too when I was small and that it was my way of clearing the passages.

I haven't worried about allergies, surely sneezing would happen more often if allergies were the cause? <helpful>

poorbuthappy Mon 22-Oct-12 20:15:15

My 8 year old dd also does this.
It just goes on and on and on and on...
It too, is our sign she is up!

stargirl1701 Mon 22-Oct-12 20:17:47

I did this as a child. I now take an anti-histamine as I'm allergic to dust mites.

I was miserable with this as a child.

surfandturf Mon 22-Oct-12 20:19:31

My ds used to do this without fail every morning. I have had to clean his snot off the carpet on numerous occasions!!! He is 6.5 and it seems to have stopped a couple of months ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now