Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Asthma & osteopathy

(4 Posts)
edithpoppy Mon 22-Oct-12 10:03:27

Good morning
My son (7) is really struggling with his asthma since the weather turned colder and he's started to pick up colds and bugs. sad He has a blue inhaler and I've started him on his brown one this weekend. We've had 2 weeks of pretty much no sleep, and we have been left to it by the GP...
He had to come home at 11pm on Friday on his first ever sleepover because of the coughing and so I have decided I need to try something else..I do NOT want asthma stopping him from doing things..
I'm not going to stop his inhalers, obviously, but I just wondered whether anyone had any experience of complimentary medicine - I have heard cranial osteopathy might be a good start, but I wondered if he was too old for it now?
Anybody had got any experiences they can share?? Thank you in advance!

linoleum Mon 22-Oct-12 12:56:37

http://www.guardian.co.uk/science/the-lay-scientist/2011/jun/15/2

Give the brown inhaler a bit more time, it doesn't work overnight. Go back and see your GP if it isn't working.

edithpoppy Mon 22-Oct-12 16:22:07

thank you! We've noticed that the brown puffer can make him quite bad tempered and grumpy...although I guess of course that that could be the lack of sleep.

I just want to help him as much as I can. I wish i had it not him. Thank you again for the interesting article. x

Sirzy Mon 22-Oct-12 18:17:48

Why have you only just started the brown inhaler? To be properly effective it needs to be given all the time it takes around a month to work properly IIRC.

If your worried its not controlled, or that he doesn't respond right to the brown inhaler go to the gp/asthma nurse

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now