Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Really really bad tickly cough... DD6 help!!!

(6 Posts)
JustinBoobie Sun 21-Oct-12 23:37:08

My poor dd has been coughing now for two hours solid; she just can't stop...

I have given her, over the last week, a selection of medicines. Buttercup, dry cough mixture, and most recently piriton just so she can get some sleep. (obv not at the same time) I very nearly took her to the emergency centre, she seemed to be struggling to catch her breath.

Its heartbreaking... And everyone is so tired. What can I do for her?

JustinBoobie Mon 22-Oct-12 01:08:40

And now, just to really finish me off, DD2 just started to be sick. It's going to be a long night... Poor bubbaloos sad

topsmart Mon 22-Oct-12 01:11:14

Steam face? Inhale olbas oil? Drink hot water with honey and lemon? All helped me last night when I was up with tickly cough. Good luck!

topsmart Mon 22-Oct-12 01:12:05

(though you don't say how old she is. Wouldn't recommend those treatments for baby or toddler!)

R2PeePoo Mon 22-Oct-12 01:19:33

A big spoonful of honey on its own?

How about taking her into the bathroom and running the shower/tap for the warm damp air. You could take DD2 in as well and either help her to be sick in the loo or surround her with towels in the bath/on the floor to make clean up easier (tiles /bath and towels much easier to clean than bed linen and carpets.)

Hope your night isn't too dreadful and both DDs get better soon.

JustinBoobie Mon 22-Oct-12 14:52:40

thanks everyone... I was very worried about her.

Tickly cough DD is 6, we took her to an emergency appointment this morning; they gave her antibiotics. Hopefully the anitbiotics will start to work, she's absolutely exhausted. Trying everything, warm water seemed to do the trick. Honey makes her heave unfortunately, honey and lemon is the thing I turn too.

The other one, she's 3 and it was a very very long night... sad dry heaving for most of it, makes you feel so helpless! She's fine today!

I need a holiday though. And industrial size washing machine!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now