Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Could this be anything or nothing?

(3 Posts)
baddyfreckleface Sun 21-Oct-12 15:31:56

Dd is almost nine months and has always seemed to have problems with her tummy at night particularly. I would say in a week she maybe doesn't struggle with her tummy once or twice.

She usually wakes around every 1-2 hours. She is very squirmy, forces trumps out, her tummy is noisy, she arches her back and pulls her legs up. It used to wake her and she would really scream. Now it disturbs her sleep but I can comfort her often back to sleep within ten mins. other nights though she is unsettled and squirmy all night and we get very little sleep.

She also can sound quite wheezy and cough in the night. Her chest is clear in the day though.

I have tried moving her tea time to earlier and give her the night time bottle at six, putting her to bed at seven to give her a chance for it all to settle. I also try to give her more bland food for tea.

I have taken her to the doctors but he just gave her lactulose and that hasn't really had any impact.

I just wondered if any of you clever mners had any ideas. I did wonder about silent reflux but then she enjoys her food (will always eat!) and is putting weight on fine.

SilverCharm Sun 21-Oct-12 22:44:33

She sounds like my DD1 when she was little! I swapped her bottles for Dr Browns and it really helped...she's 8 now and still prone to tummy aches and trapped wind...I also found that swimming helps!

baddyfreckleface Mon 22-Oct-12 07:50:15

Thanks Silver. Can I ask if your dd mainly suffers at night? My dd doesnt have any problems in the daytime with her tummy.

Also she only has three bottles a day and two of those are in the morning, one over an hour before bed. I try to give her tummy a good rub after too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now