Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Best food for sore throats

(6 Posts)
milkmoustache Sat 20-Oct-12 08:47:06

Looking at NHS Direct website, it doesn't look as if there is much point dragging DD (7) off to OOH for antibiotics, they advise fluids and 'cool soft food'. Drawing a blank on this apart from melted ice cream - she'll get that of course, but what other bright ideas do you have? Cold soup doesn't really cut the mustard...

corblimeymadam Sat 20-Oct-12 08:50:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Gigondas Sat 20-Oct-12 08:51:17

Anything soft- jelly , yoghurt. Also soft sandwiches

Have you tried giving her Manuka honey- you can get lozenges at holland and Barrett or some chemists or make a honey/lemon (or orange or whatever she likes) drink. It's got anti bacterial properties and soothes/coats the throat.

Sirzy Sat 20-Oct-12 08:52:47

I would go with whatever she fancies really!

Make sure you have thinks like jelly and yoghurts around, tins of spagetti and other things which are easy to swallow

PoptartPoptart Sat 20-Oct-12 22:16:48

Fruit smoothies with crushed ice. Cool and soothing for her throat plus full of vitamins and antioxidants to boost her immune system

GranToAirMissiles Sat 20-Oct-12 22:21:21

I always crave soup when I have a sore throat. It doesn't have to be very hot, or cold - nice and warm will do. Ask her what she fancies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now