Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ds scresming the his bottom hurts inside

(21 Posts)
TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:03:44

Had the same thing on monday, he had diarrhoea, then calpol and it stopped, but now it's happening again and he has tried to go to the toilet but nothing. Have already given calpol, I'm alone with him. What can I do for him?

ballstoit Fri 19-Oct-12 22:19:19

Have you checked if he has worms? DD2 (3) gets them regularly (nail biter), and I know she's got them (again!) as soon as she says her bum hurts inside. She also often gets diarrhoea with them as she puts off going to the toilet.

If that is what it is you will be able to see them around his bottom. Treat tonight by washing thoroughly and then smearing his bottom generously with vaseline/sudocrem/lip balm at a push. Then chemist tomorrow for oral treatment.

FishfingersAreOK Fri 19-Oct-12 22:21:02

I am in no, no way a medical expert - but could it actually be constipation? I have heard that if you are blocked up that you can actually end up with some diarrhoea like poo - but the rest is kind of backed up (sorry). Is this possible? How old is your DS? I would really consider getting proper medical help. It cannot be right for him to be in so much pain he is screaming.

MaryMotherOfCheeses Fri 19-Oct-12 22:24:58

Worms was my first thought.

Are you able to take a look?

Douse the buggers in sudacrem and get medicine tomorrow.

TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:27:49

Since I posted, I put scooby doo on, and his symptoms have got remarkably better hmm. I have checked his bottom and no sign of worms. Have put some antiseptic cream on. I was also considering getting medical help, before his miraculous recovery. I will keep an eye on him , thanks for your help smile

VivaLeBeaver Fri 19-Oct-12 22:28:03

I was coming on to say worms.

TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:30:37

I don't think it's constipation btw, because he has had normal poos since the diarrhoea

TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:31:53

Wow bad spelling in the thread title blush

TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:39:41

Thanks everyone, have given him some dried apricots and lactulose just in case, will see what happens after that little lot

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 19-Oct-12 22:43:22

Is it possible that the diahorrea just mad him a bit sore?

TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:45:53

Maybe, but that was on monday, and he hasn't mentioned it since. I have had a good look at it, and it doesn't look red or anything. He's much better now, think he wanted to get up out of bed and got himself a bit worked up. I asked him if he wanted to go to the hospital and he said it would be shut. He said it's only hurting a bit now smile

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Fri 19-Oct-12 22:48:07

Maybe a fissure? Or maybe he just wanted to watch scooby doo :-)

TeaBrick Fri 19-Oct-12 22:50:02

I'll keep an eye on it, but think as you say it may well be scooby doo-related

TeaBrick Sat 20-Oct-12 00:15:47

No he's got fucking worms, just saw one sad

MaryMotherOfCheeses Sat 20-Oct-12 00:20:13

Oh bugger.

Family pack of Ovex tomorrow.

Separate towels. Launder everything.

Family pack of Ovex in two weeks time.

We've had the same this week. Grrr....

And medicine tomorrow may mean still uncomfortable tomorrow evening, can take 24 hours to take effect.

usualsuspect3 Sat 20-Oct-12 00:20:17

Put lots of Vaseline on, then get some ovex tomorrow from the chemist.

EugenesAxe Sat 20-Oct-12 00:22:37

Eeew... poor thing. My sister and I always seemed to get worms when we were young; horrible medicine.

I hate any kind of human body joyriders.

EugenesAxe Sat 20-Oct-12 00:23:34

Parasites, even.

TeaBrick Sat 20-Oct-12 00:24:02

I've just been and got him some eurax, then saw the worm when I put it on him. He'll be at his dad's tomorrow. Thanks again.

TeaBrick Sat 20-Oct-12 00:24:45

Parasites, joyriders, they all piss in the same pot

Mumof3darlings Sun 21-Oct-12 14:45:30

Sorry to hear you are going through the same as us right now! Bloody horrid things! Hope you get rid of them fast! x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now