Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 yrs baby suffering from Fluorosis

(5 Posts)
sukhpink Fri 19-Oct-12 16:16:38

Hi,
I am in a trouble my 2yr baby is suffering from severe fluorosis.. i have shown him to many doctors but they just afraid of touching him as he is too small, his upper milk teeth are totally gone now, problem now is that he is suffering pain in his teeth and cries while eating, he cannot eat, he is a fuzzy eater, what should i do.. is there any remedy?

sukhpink Fri 19-Oct-12 16:17:30

please help..

beautifulgirls Fri 19-Oct-12 20:06:06

It sounds like you need to see a dentist with him for some advice. Doctors are unlikely to be able to do much I wouldn't have thought. Who gave you this diagnosis or are did you conclude this from looking on the internet or similar? I would have thought this was pretty unusual in baby teeth, more common in the adult teeth. More likely an enamel hypoplasia where the teeth didn't actually form properly, perhaps due to illness or certain medicines.

Bert2e Sat 20-Oct-12 17:18:38

Like beautifulgirls I think you should see a dentist - doctors aren't interested in teeth.

Sneezecakesmama Sun 21-Oct-12 10:43:47

My DGS had enamel hypoplasia and like your DS his teeth came through and looked beautiful, but just crumbled away! Awful.

It's all dental related. Your local dentist will refer you to the dental hospital. Poor DGS needed most of his teeth removed except 4 molars sad under general anaesthetic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now