Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hotels near GOSH?

(5 Posts)
oopslateagain Thu 18-Oct-12 16:12:59

DD has a full day of tests at GOSH in a month, starting first thing in the morning so we need to travel down to London the day before. Can anyone recommend a halfway decent but not-too-pricey hotel that has family rooms and is within walking distance? Or any other hotel that's close to a tube station and roughly on the right side of London?

I used to live in London and know how manky some hotels can be, even though they look fab on the websites.

horsebiscuit Thu 18-Oct-12 16:24:53

There's a newish travel lodge right by Euston station, don't know about the family room thing though sorry.

Clumsasaurus Thu 18-Oct-12 16:40:25

There's a premiere inn just off upper st in islington, a short walk from angel tube and the rooms are often circa £70 per night, there is a hilton right next door too. There is also a holiday inn at russel square which is often reasonable as is the melia whitehouse at the top of great Portland street by regents park.

I know all personally and are fine

hellhasnofurylikeahungrywoman Thu 18-Oct-12 16:42:02

Have you asked GOSH themselves? They might be able to help.

oopslateagain Thu 18-Oct-12 16:55:43

Haven't contacted GOSH, they probably have a list of local hotels but I'd rather know that a hotel is halfway decent!

I didn't realise there were Travel lodges in central london, duh! The Euston one has a family room for £35 a night which is unbelievable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now