Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Possible Chicken pox?

(5 Posts)
Stellarella123 Thu 18-Oct-12 15:17:01

I noticed a blister on my ds stomach yesterday that looks like chicken pox, I thought this morning he would wake up with lots but he only has another one behind his ear, keep checking but no more, does it take a while for the spots to come out? I remember with my dd i seen one spot and next day she had about 10, next day about 40, x

Pi1978 Fri 19-Oct-12 12:06:31

As far as I know, some children can get it mildly and only get a couple of spots, maybe your ds will be lucky and not get absolutely covered.

Whirliwig72 Fri 19-Oct-12 12:30:56

Ds1 has it ATM. Day 1, 2 and 3: he had about 3 -5 spots. Day 4: 10 spots. Day 5 - today 40 + but mostly not blisters (yet?). So it can creep up slowly I'm afraid. The itching was bad for him last night so we gave him pirition used a foam to sooth the skin - Poxclin?

fanoftheinvisibleman Fri 19-Oct-12 12:35:07

I think they all get it differently.

I could virtually see spots appearing on ds. By day 2 I gave up counting at 40 on his face and neck alone. He had hundreds but was fine in himself and not too itchy.

My friends little boy however had about 30 spots and was really poorly. I have known a child only get half a dozen spots.

Stellarella123 Fri 19-Oct-12 14:40:07

Thanks, day 3 and he has about 20 now, I didn't think it would be as slow for them to appear , there's still a lot just starting to appear now, thanks for advice in itchiness, dreading that !

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now