Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

8 week checks, has the GP hurt my baby?

(2 Posts)
mummyfirsttime Tue 16-Oct-12 20:42:44

Im not sure if my GP has hurt my baby unnecessarily. He had is 8 week checks done by the GP and his immunisations done by the health visitor today. I was prepared for the screams of the immunisations however not what the doctor done to him. I have read what should happen at these checks things like cheking eyes testicles etc and the hip check which i have read consists of moving the leg/hip in a circular movement. This doctor pulled my baby's leg so hard to see if it would pop out! This was so painful for him i got such a freight.
Has this happened to everyone or has she done this wrong? She ddoes not have a great reputation and i am worried that she has hurt him!

Please help.

Thank you x

SlightlySuperiorPeasant Tue 16-Oct-12 21:29:08

If he is fine now then it is very unlikely that she has hurt him. Unless there are visible signs of injury then give your health visitor a call in the morning to talk it through.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now