Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Confusing symptoms - post-viral syndrome.

(4 Posts)
BabydollsMum Tue 16-Oct-12 12:23:57

Hi all

I wonder if anyone has any other ideas/advice? Doc diagnosed post-viral syndrome yesterday but 20mo DD seems to have had such a weird variety of symptoms and she's still rather poorly.

It started last week with a 24 hour vomiting bug, then she was fine, if a bit weak and off her food for three days. The following two days she's been incredibly grizzly, high temp and off her food but then last night she had an awful fever and a red, bumpy rash (which blanches) all over her legs.

On top of this she seems to have a bit of an irritating cough and is quite snotty.

She's not eating much still but she's drinking loads. Just really grumpy and lethargic. The rash and temp has gone now.

Really hoping that's the end of it but I think I might need to take her in again tomorrow to get a second opinion.

Thanks!!

BabydollsMum Tue 16-Oct-12 12:24:48

Oh, forgot to mention she also has a bit of a swollen face.

dizzimammi Tue 16-Oct-12 18:55:28

Poor thing, glad the rash and temp have gone. Hopefully she'll start to pick up now.
The term syndrome does mean a variety of symptoms which don't necessarily present all at the same time, so can seem like she's going from one thing to another and its dragging on and on.
If she doesn't seem to pick up overnight, then take her for a second opinion.
You at least will feel that you are doing something.

BabydollsMum Wed 17-Oct-12 14:47:55

Thanks for the reply dizzi I took her to the docs and he checked everything and said there was nothing else he could give her and we'd just need to wait it out. Typically she perked up immediately. Fingers crossed we're coming out of it now.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now