Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Something wrong but not sure

(4 Posts)
piglettsmummy Sun 14-Oct-12 21:09:59

My daughter is two has 'complex needs' and uses a ventilator during sleep (Asv bipap) the past few days she's had a cold. Nothing out. The ordinary as she often catches them but this time she is crying like evey 30minutes even through the night. It's so draining. No amount of calpol or vapour rub does the trick she's asking for us to take her vent off. We assumed this was because its a nasal mask and her nose is blocked therefore struggling to breathe however saline drops which clear her nose make no effect on her emotional reaction? Any ideas? Shes not in pain and has ever reacted like this before x

BigWitchLegsInWailyTights Sun 14-Oct-12 21:43:44

Could she be teething? Sorry to be dim...I just wanted to answer. You must find this so worrying.

Is she touching her ears at all? I know that when mine get snotty, they can be prone to ear infections....

MaryPoppinsBag Sun 14-Oct-12 21:52:22

Chest infection? Ear infection? Throat?

When mine are up like that in the night it's usually one of the above.

I hope she's better soon.

piglettsmummy Sun 14-Oct-12 21:58:24

Hi guys thanks for the replies no he isn't tugging at her ears at all, she doesn't skin groggy and is eating normally so we doubt it's a throat infection and due to her medical condition if she did have a chest infection there wud be no doubt that she will have had I be blued and two-ed to hospital! Thanks for you ideas though!!! It's slows rule something's out smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now