Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

green poo?

(11 Posts)
mumnosbest Sat 13-Oct-12 21:03:55

dd, 5yrs, has just done green poo. i mean proper karky green. shes not got tummy ache or eaten anything different. any ideas?

ATourchOfInsanity Sun 14-Oct-12 00:00:22

Spinach?
My mum was, er, a bit eccentric shall we say and once made me eat a large pyrex bowl of pure spinach. I was sick and remember having green poo too.
Not saying you did that, but did he eat a fair amount of spinach today?

mumnosbest Sun 14-Oct-12 00:27:08

i'm lucky to get anything remotely green or leafy past her lips! she did eat a whole packet of blue sweets yesterday which turned her mouth blue. maybe blue and brown make green hmm

mawbroon Sun 14-Oct-12 11:02:53

DS1 did this a while back, he would have been 4 or 5 at the time. He did a green poo and felt a bit off colour and the rest of the family came down with a disgusting D&V bug.

mumnosbest Sun 14-Oct-12 22:56:26

hope its nothing like that. she seems fine although the rest of us are full of cold.

HtheH Sun 14-Oct-12 22:59:08

Blue food colouring does that, so it could be the sweets. My sister made my ds some blue cupcakes with blue icing and the poo was quite extraordinary for a few days!!!

Runningblue Sun 14-Oct-12 23:07:27

On the blue front, blueberries make poo a very strange shade of khaki- so I'm with HtheHs cunning theory on the food colouring...

sjb23 Sun 14-Oct-12 23:07:47

My son and once ate some rather old, green jellybabies we found in my mum's car glovebox - bright green poo for both of us!

mumnosbest Sun 14-Oct-12 23:10:27

ah blueberries! could be those too thanks. just read if you drink 2 bottlees of pepsibismol (sp*) you get rainbow coloured poo. might be worth trying grin

Runningblue Sun 14-Oct-12 23:14:42

Blueberries AND blue sweeties = designer khaki blue poogrin

mumnosbest Mon 15-Oct-12 12:47:27

the world makes sense once more smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now