Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Playful urinating?? Or is this done on purpose?

(3 Posts)
Tangas Sat 13-Oct-12 15:57:34

My DD (3) is urinating on the carpet or sofa when she is playing with my DS. I think she dose it to make him laugh at her. It's all a big game to her.

She has been dry during the day time for 12m, and she can use the toilet no problems. She knows this is naughty but she continues to do it!

Is there something wrong with her? My DS never did this!

TheEnthusiasticTroll Sat 13-Oct-12 16:15:05

I would not think there is anything wrong with her as you suggest it is behavioural. unless you think there is an underlaying medical reason?

I would begin discipling her quite firmly and consistently, when she does this.

Remove her from the game and maybe set some sanctions, if she does this.

It is very difficult with a three your old as diciplin can make it worse but certainly not something I think could be ignored.

If your where to explkain hygine and bounderies associalted with toileting habbits do you think she would have a great understanding? you could reinforce the message and encourage her to clean up her own mess. Along with some discipline.

If the disciplin makes it worse could she have a sticker reward when she uses the toilet appropriatly and if she does a wee any where else a sticker is removed?

TheEnthusiasticTroll Sat 13-Oct-12 16:16:10

how old is DS if he older you could maybe get him on side emphasisng it is something that is unacceptable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now