Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS 5yrs still vomiting up water after 10 hours

(3 Posts)
amazonianwoman Sat 13-Oct-12 14:53:16

I feel a bit pathetic asking this after seeing threads about childhood cancer. But DS started vomiting at 4am and is still bringing up water almost 11 hours later. He's never been this sick before sad

He's refusing Diarolyte rehydration stuff, even the tiniest sip of water comes back. Do we just have to sit it out?

He wants to eat but dry toast doesn't stay down either and he's getting very distressed now when he actually vomits.

TIA

straighttohellymelly Sat 13-Oct-12 14:55:39

I would call NHS direct at this stage, or go to A+E, as dehydration is the worry and if he isn't drinking then that needs addressing. Is he able to wee?

amazonianwoman Sat 13-Oct-12 18:18:52

Thanks for replying. Of course he hasn't been sick since I posted and has kept down 4 Haribo (hmm) - his choice but I suppose he was craving some sugar - and some bread.

So fingers crossed for a restful night with no one else catching it <emetophobe alert>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now