Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Anyone's baby having flu jab?

(4 Posts)
Birdies Sat 13-Oct-12 11:37:27

My 15 month DD has been invited to have the flu jab this year for the first time (she has an underlying condition).

I'm nervous about it though as i made the mistake of googling and found all sorts of people who have had a fever etc after the jab. Has anyone else's DC had the jab and can offer reassurance? I can't bear the thought of making her poorly because of it.

Sirzy Sat 13-Oct-12 17:00:45

Ds is nearly 3 and has had it for the past 3 years with no problems

DystopianReality Sat 13-Oct-12 17:11:31

The reason she has been invited to have it is presumably because a dose of the flu will make her very poorly indeed and possibly exacerbate her underlying condition.

Very few people are made poorly from the flu jab
What is most likely is, because it takes 10 days to kick in, people who become poorly after having the jab are either incubating the virus or have picked it up in the ensuing days.

BTW she should have 2 doses if this is her first time for flu jab, thereafter, just the one.

Birdies Sat 13-Oct-12 17:29:30

Thanks for your replies. Is it the same dose as an adult each time then?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now