Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Does this just sound like a sickness bug?

(7 Posts)
Sargesaweyes Thu 11-Oct-12 20:29:56

I just need someone to tell me not to worry please. Ds is precious first born and i'm quite an anxious person with a vivid imagination!

Ds is 13 months. Lively and happy and wonderful. He has had a slight cold for a week or so which has turned into a cough.
Anyway, in the middle of the night ds was quite sick, although he wasn't upset or off colour in himself-a bit hot but certainly not a raging tenperature. Today he has been pretty tired and has slept a fair bit but has played and not been particularly grumpy. Anyway after every meal he has wretched and sicked up about half of what he has had.

Does it just sound like a bug? It's odd because apart from being tired he isn't off in himself which is what has thrown me a bit.

Alitoomanykids Thu 11-Oct-12 20:35:29

yup, sounds like classic bug. Its the time of year for kids (and their adults) to be catching everything. Easy on the solids for a day or so until food kept down. Keep fluid levels up. Plenty of rest - very common to be sleepy if under the weather. Keep an eye out though and if you feel that symptoms are getting worse or not improving then seek GP advice. Hope he bounces back soon.

Sargesaweyes Thu 11-Oct-12 20:44:17

Thanks alitoomanykids. I thought it was. I just can't understand how he is so cheerful in between vomiting. When i'm sick I'm a real misery.

Fingers crossed it passes quickly and hoping not to get it-wishful thinking i'm sure.

Alitoomanykids Thu 11-Oct-12 21:05:50

yup kids get all the germs, they sleep when they want, they throw up all over you, then they play happily again before giving you all your germs and wondering why you turn into a total zombie. Kids tend to bounce back twice as fast. keep an eye on him though just in case.

PeggyCarter Thu 11-Oct-12 21:15:48

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

OhTinky Thu 11-Oct-12 21:22:55

My DD has just recovered from this - had two days of not eating, throwing up milk and water. She also had a slight temperature but didn't look ill in herself and like your DS Had a surprising amount of energy despite being sick.

Took about 2/3 days for her to feel better. I did panic a bit and rang NHS Direct for advice and reassurance on day 2 and they said it was just a common baby sickness bug but obv to keep an eye on it.

Hope your DS feels better very soon

Sargesaweyes Fri 12-Oct-12 06:52:48

Thanks everyone. Definitely a bug as I have been throwing up since 4. Unlike ds I have zero energy and am feeling extremely sorry for myself. Yuk!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now