Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DD 2yo bottom bleeding after poo. Sorry TMI. Anyone exp. similar with dc?

(2 Posts)
timetochange70 Thu 11-Oct-12 11:39:57

About 2 weeks ago dd got really bad tummy ache and i was just about to drive to A + E because she was so distressed when she did the most enormous poo and was better. This happened on a couple more occassions and although she wasnt constipated she usually goes every day and now its every 3 days and quite hard. She has wanted me to hold her hand when she uses the potty , and so she didnt get a " thing " for not wanting to have a poo i`ve obliged and sat holding her hand, This went on all day a few days ago with her crying when she thought a poo was coming and obviously frightened from her previous experience.
Ive held her hand for the entire morning again today and eventually she did a poo which yes was a constipated one this time. i thought i saw some blood in it the other day but wed had a chilli night before and jusr assumed it was red kidney beans !!!
I wiped her bottom just now and the tissue was stained quite a lot with fresh blood. Ive looked at her bottom and there are several tiny lttle cracks outside and on the rim of her bottom.
Googling it i think its called a fissure and should heal.
has anyone else had any similar exp as it has upset her a lot and really frightened me.
her diet hasnt changed and she is still breastfed.
She has recently started drinking cows milk thats the only change.
Gp is giving me a call later but mumsnet is often very reassuing so thanks hopefull yx

Elibean Thu 11-Oct-12 11:44:37

dd2 had exactly that - I'm sure it was a fissure, treated it as such (vaseline and Metsomething - can't remember name but its yellow!) and made sure she didn't get constipated again, and she healed fast.

Cows milk can be very constipating to some children, I believe?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now