Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What are these spots on dds leg??

(6 Posts)
Wetthemogwai Mon 08-Oct-12 21:25:06

Dd 18mo has 3 spots on her leg, 2 close together on her shin and one on her upper thigh around the place she'd have a jab.

I noticed the lower 2 yesterday when they were just red marks and I thought she'd bumped herself or something and thought nothing more of them, they looked the same this morning and the upper one had also appeared but much smaller. She spent the day with her dad and has come home full of beans (hence STILL being awake and bouncing!). I've just started getting her ready for bed and all the spots have turned into kid of white heads, one of the lower ones has quite a large red patch around it (about the size of a 5p) but all 3 'heads' of them are pretty small.

She doesn't seem bothered by them and they don't seem to hurt when I touch them. Any ideas? Nhs direct are v v busy so I couldn't get anyone to speak to!

defineme Mon 08-Oct-12 21:27:28

molloscum?

Wetthemogwai Mon 08-Oct-12 21:42:25

I'm not sure, I googled it and some of the pictures look about right. Her 'step sister' has just started nursery so if its that then she's the most likely cause as none of dds friends have it. I've just text her dad to ask but I'm not expecting a reply.

What do I need to do if its that? Is it a doctor job?

defineme Mon 08-Oct-12 22:55:55

I would always check with a doctor if I wasn't sure, but no no treatment is needed if it is that. They take ages to go away and when they do they first get horrid and burst.
My ds' school rang me to say he had chicken pox when he just had horrid pustulant molloscum on his torso-I'd been to the doctor and they'd said do nothing.
could it be chicken pox?

Wetthemogwai Mon 08-Oct-12 23:10:33

Sorry that last bit was a bit rubbish of me, by 'doctor job' I meant is it ok to leave it a few days for the doctor? It's not an emergency rush to a+e or the walk in or anything? Our doctor is crap and takes FOREVER to get an appointment but I have one for me next tuesday so is it ok to wait til then do you think? I should just go to the walk in tomorow shouldn't I?

Wetthemogwai Mon 08-Oct-12 23:13:18

And yea my mum mentioned chicken pox, they don't look very poxy to me though but she rightly said that even chicken pox don't look very poxy sometimes.

This week of all weeks! She's with me pretty much 24/7 but this is her first and only week being looked after by someone else (who had children) as I'm on a course. I can't deal with chicken pox this week!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now