Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

hypotonia and bowels

(1 Post)
hanreeoak Fri 05-Oct-12 19:29:16

My ds3 is 3 years old and will be 4 in dec, he has no bowel or bladder control. The doctors have told us he has hypotonia, he wears support boots and but apart from the shoes and being really flexible he is developing at the same rate as his peers. I have tried many times to potty train him, he leaks poo all the time and has no clue as to when he needs to empty his bladder, after 8 days of trying to potty train I have given up (and feel terrible). I have just received a hospital appointment for him and just wanted to know if anyone has experienced this with their children and what their experiences are. I get embarrassed that he is still in nappies but do not have a clue what to do to help him. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now