Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Impetigo

(6 Posts)
DorsetKnob Fri 05-Oct-12 18:27:25

DD seems to have got impetigo up her nose, don't ask. This is a new one on us so not sure but is it very infectious as in don't go back to school infectious? That is the only area and she has cream and antibiotics. It seems to be the next sympton in a virus that has really knocker her for 6 and her immune system is really low at the moment.

KateShmate Fri 05-Oct-12 18:33:40

When my DD1 was smaller she had a big patch of impetigo on her arm from where she'd had really bad eczema.
GP had bandaged it all up and she was written off school for over a week as she said it was highly contagious.

KateShmate Fri 05-Oct-12 18:39:28

Just read that she has low immunity at the moment, I would really really recommend Minadex - have always used it for my DD's and its been brilliant.

DorsetKnob Fri 05-Oct-12 18:43:53

Thanks Kate, I have tried vitamins on her and she threw them back up, will try that as she really needs something, poor love.

Marne Fri 05-Oct-12 18:46:08

My dd has had it a few times, i was told to keep her off for a couple days (i think until you have used the cream for 2-3 days). Agree with the minidex, we sneak it into orange squash and they dont even notice smile.

KateShmate Fri 05-Oct-12 18:50:43

Poor little thing, like Marne said - its orange flavoured so it would be perfect if she loved orange juice! Alternatively, I would probably put some in some lemonade just so that you get some down her.
There are lots of chewable multivitamins out there too, they taste exactly like sweets so would be easy to disguise! It might be a good idea, when she is a bit better, to get into the routine of taking vitamins everyday if she seems to be getting poorly often.
Really hope she feels better soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now