Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Molluscum Contagiosum

(3 Posts)
fledtoscotland Wed 03-Oct-12 11:57:20

Just thought I'd share this with you all.

DS2 has had it for about 5 months now. After much research (I'm a nurse so looking at journals etc) and speaking to pharmacist at work, we have been trying Colloidal silver.

After 8 wks using twice daily there has been a massive improvement and he now only has 7 spots which although large, are getting better. The eczema in the surrounding skin has healed and he doesn't have any scarring.

Current GP advice is to leave alone and symptoms will resolve in 18-24 months but I just wanted to share our results as MC seems to be v common at the moment

hellion Thu 04-Oct-12 18:25:40

Hi thanks for posting this. My ds (9) has it and its on his neck so he is very conscious of it. I had seen colloidal silver online but hadn't found anyone who had tried it. All I am using is tea tree oil and fruja which seem to keep them under control, although it may be that they are clearing up the eczema. I may try to silver treatment. Such as horrible thing to try to get rid of.

OctaviaBrennan Thu 04-Oct-12 18:29:50

Thanks for posting that OP. We've had success with teatree oil and PanOxyl on my son although it is hard to find in pharmacies now

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now