Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

rash behind her ears and on nape of neck,

(9 Posts)
twinkerbell Tue 02-Oct-12 11:09:56

my daughter has been ithcing and scratching her head and neck for days andI have been frantically checking for nits etc but nothing, now she has a rash behind both ears and accross the back of her neck? no doctor appointments until NEXT week which seem crazy, anyone know what this could be?

I would take her to a pharmacist in the meantime, for a look. You can get skin problems there like eczema/dermatitis, is she well otherwise?

twinkerbell Tue 02-Oct-12 11:20:22

she seems well otherwise but its distressing her that she is scratching all the time..could she suddenly develop eczema at 8?

You could. But it may be something else altogether. See the chemist, if they suggest an urgent GP appt then you can ask for one. In the meantime, have a think if any new clothes, new shampoos, pillow cases etc could be causing irritation?

Startailoforangeandgold Tue 02-Oct-12 11:27:32

Has she a new winter coat.

DD has a beautiful wool mix coat she cannot wear because the collar and hood give her a rash.

Lambs wool scarves or jumpers do it to me.

needanswers Tue 02-Oct-12 11:29:06

its nits, they are really hard to find, it took me a week of combing DDs hair with conditioner and a nit comb before I found one, but I knew the buggers were there.

twinkerbell Tue 02-Oct-12 11:39:43

I thought it might be shampoo?? no new coat or anything.
I will do another firm check for nits, failing that I will take her to thenchemist

needanswers Tue 02-Oct-12 11:43:26

Im waiting the arrival ofa nitty gritty comb, because I am finding it almost impossible to find the damn things when I know they are there, after a week (literally), of combing every night, I found 2 in DS and 1 in DD and they were tiny little things.

DeWe Tue 02-Oct-12 20:51:46

Nits. Dd1 goes exactly like that. Even with only one or two nits she gets a dreadful rash just like that. For dd1, I wouldn't bother checking for nits, just assume she has them and treat. The last time it really was just 1 grub hatched on her, I combed it out and was surprised to find no more, she looked dreadful.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now