Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Looser poo after weaning

(2 Posts)
brettgirl2 Tue 02-Oct-12 10:21:08

Just wondering if anyone has any thoughts/ experiences in relation to this?

Dd is nearly 9 months. She is a happy baby who is eating well and enjoying her food. She shows no signs of discomfort and no allergic signs (no excema or anything like that).

I started weaning her at about 5.5 months, just with baby rice and fruit/ vegetables. No problems.

At 6 months I then introduced other food groups and over the course of a couple of weeks her poo went from being lumps (she is ff) to quite liquid. This was completely different to dd1 who went constipated.

I decided to try cutting wheat out of her diet and over about a month the poo went solid again. It stayed so for a few weeks while she was wheat free. I then re introduced it a week and a half ago and poo is looser again.

That said she only poos twice a day at most, so she doesnt have the trots as such.

I'm a bit confused.... is this a problem or am I worrying about nothing? should I cut wheat out again? If so should I put her back on it again at some point in the future?

I did try to have a conversation with the HV but she treated me like I was neurotic and told me not to give her fruit hmm. I guess I should go to GP I was just interested to see if anyone else has had a similar thing.

brettgirl2 Tue 02-Oct-12 10:22:34

Oh and she's recently gone from tge 25th to 50th centile so no concerns regarding weight gain grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now