Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What's this on my 5 year old???

(11 Posts)
minceorotherwise Sun 30-Sep-12 19:18:50

My DS has peeling skin on the side of his foot and ankle. I initially thought it was because of his shoes rubbing and changed them. However, it's there again today and he does say it hurts
It does look just like skin that is peeling (like suntanned skin but no discolouration IYSWIM)
My DH says it's because his feet are sweating, but I've never ever seen it before ?
Diagnosis anyone????

Pickthatupplease Sun 30-Sep-12 19:19:39

Athletes foot?

TodaysAGoodDay Sun 30-Sep-12 19:22:31

Have a quick look between his toes, and see if there's anything there. Athlete's foot usually presents as weeping, peeling skin between the toes, so have a look.

minceorotherwise Sun 30-Sep-12 19:26:55

Well I did think that. But nothing between the toes, no redness or dryness. Nothing really apart from peeling (in a long line along the edge of his foot) it looks like it has rubbed against something rather than an actual infection
He does have really wide feet so maybe they just always rub in that area, no matter what shoes he's wearing
Would you put cream on it????

minceorotherwise Sun 30-Sep-12 20:04:11

Could athletes foot present with contunual minor peeling, or would it always progress to redness/ dryness/ spreading???

Leoboy Sun 30-Sep-12 20:07:10

My dd had something similar to that. Was peeling on heels. Doc said it was a type of excema and just to use a good moisturiser. I used aveeno cream. It went and never came back.

minceorotherwise Sun 30-Sep-12 20:12:33

Ooh thanks, will try that

dikkertjedap Sun 30-Sep-12 22:17:08

If he has very dry skin/eczema you may want to try Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour cream Skin Protectant. It is very very good.

minceorotherwise Mon 01-Oct-12 18:01:08

Ooh I have some of that! Will try it!

narmada Mon 01-Oct-12 23:16:22

is there a seam down the inside of his shoes? sometimes there is:-.....

minceorotherwise Tue 02-Oct-12 17:34:39

Will look! Good point!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now