Talk

Advanced search

Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Head injury?!

(3 Posts)
nomoreminibreaks Sat 29-Sep-12 12:35:53

My 18 month old DS just had a fall against a chest of drawers and the quite sharp handle. He's now missing a little chunk out of the back of his head - about half a cm long and it's quite open.

It hasn't bled a lot and other than a little crying straight after it happened he's been completely fine (he is a bit of a hardnut generally though).

My gut tells me he's fine but DH is wondering whether it needs a stitch or glueing. It's on the back of his head so it won't mean an unsightly scar.

WWYD?

BeaWheesht Sat 29-Sep-12 12:41:35

From what you describe I'd take him to minor injuries.

Mewsical Sun 30-Sep-12 07:36:44

Definitely take him in to be assessed and they will probably tell you which method is more appropriate and why.

However, my DC did this and I wish that the head had been stitched and not glued. The glue just formed a large plug and took months for the skin to heal around it leaving a large hairless scar.

I hindsight I wish I'd asked for it to be stitched.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now